FTTO Job Information
What is OACETT and how do I get certified?
OACETT (The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) is a non-profit, self-governing, professional association of approximately 20,000 members and a 42-year history of certification in Ontario. OACETT promotes the interests of engineering and applied science technicians and technologists in industry, educational institutions, the public and government.
An Overview of OACETT Certification:
As an OACETT member, you will be recognized as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.), Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T.) or Certified Technician (C.Tech.).
- Specialized education from a recognized post-secondary (usually college or university-level) school
- A review of your academic transcripts and references
- Passing the Professional Practice Examination (PPE)
- At least two years of related job experience with at least one year of experience working in Canada
- To receive Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) accreditation, you may have to write a Technology Report.
- It usually takes eight to 10 weeks to review your documents and make a decision about certification or to determine extra training or experience you’ll need to do
- You do not need to pass a special English test to be certified, but you do need to have a high level of English understanding to write and pass the Professional Practice Examination
- If you do not have enough Canadian experience, you may still be able to register as an Associate Member
For more information on certification, visit www.oacett.org