Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Sponsoring Family
Confused about the status from CIC
 Reply to Topic
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

anthony310

Toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  16:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I am a little bit confused about the information being shown in eCas. I am sponsoring my wife through the Moscow office. I've been found eligible as a sponsor and I received a letter (dated Sep 24, 2008) stating that the Moscow visa office has received my application.
The status is currently being shown in eCAS is: "In Process". If I click on the "In Process" link, I see the following information:

- We started processing your application on September 24, 2008.

- Medical results have been received.
(The above addition was made today)

If I look at the help, the latter point is listed under:
DECISION MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)
Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Did anyone experience something like this? Does the "medical result" confirmation mean anything at all? Why is it listed under the "Decision Made" status?

Thanks!

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  12:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anthony310!

At last I found someone who is going thru Moscow office!!!
As far as your situation, it looks like that you are almost there! I think the last thing remaining is the background check.

I am also sponsoring my wife and son thru Moscow office. My timeline is as follows:

17th Oct 08: CIC-M received my application
17th Nov 08: Approved my application & sent the file to Moscow office. We are waiting since then.....

Please share your timeline so that I can guess how Moscow office works.

Also using my(sponsor)ID, I see principal applicant's status as "Not Available". Does it mean Moscow has not started working on the file? Did you have the same situation? Do you use your wife's ID to see progress at Moscow office?

Please reply.

anthony310

Toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  15:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi FRX!

To answer your questions: I was never able to see anything in e-CAS using my credentials. I am using my wife's credentials to check our file. You will receive a letter from Moscow to confirm receipt of your documents. Here is my timeline (approximate, 'cause I don't remember all the dates):

Aug 8 2008: CPC Mississauga receives our application

Sep 15 2008 (approx): I am approved as a sponsor, application is sent to Moscow

Oct 7 2008 (approx): I receive a letter from Moscow confirming receipt of our application (postdated Sep 24).
Using the immigration file number in the letter I am able to check E-CAS (previously I could see nothing with neither credentials). I see "We started processing your application on Sep 24, 2008" message.

End of October: E-CAS is updated with my wife's mailing address and her email address. E-mail address is weird: user"domain.com (double-quotes instead of an @ character). Not sure what's up with that...

Dec 8 2008: E-CAS is updated with additional message: "Your medical results have been received".

Status of the application is still shown as "In Process", even though the help file lists the message under "Decision Made". I think the Moscow office has a different process, because my time line does not match any of the posted time lines in this forum that I could see. Most likely the latest message means nothing. Just confirms that they have not lost the application and are still processing.

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  11:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anthony 310,

Many thanks for your reply. As I said, I think your wife's case is at the very last stage. Basically, it is about 4 months since you submitted your application to CIC-M.
I am guessing you are in Canada and your wife is in Moscow. In my case, we are all currently living in Armenia. So the letter from Canadian embassy (Moscow)has to reach here in Armenia, which will take a few more days.

Also, please tell me why there was an update on your wife's address and email? Did she changed her address online?

Please be in touch!

anthony310

Toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  17:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi FRX!

You are right, I am in Canada and my wife is currently in Russia.

We did not update the address information it simply appeared online. I think that's the time when they actually started processing our application. The "We started processing your application on XXXX" message appears to mean only that Moscow received the documents, but not started looking at them. When the mailing address appeared online, that is when they actually started looking at it.

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  12:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anthony 310,
Many thanks for the update. Let's be in touch.

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  11:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anthony 310,

Just checked e-cas, it says now "We started processing (my wife's name)on Dec 8th 2008. That's all.
As you observed, they may not have started processing the file yet.

Any update on your wife's file?

anthony310

Toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  16:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi FRX,

Great, it means they received your documents!

No updates in our file yet.

Russia gets literally shut down from the last week of Dec to the middle of Jan for the holidays, so if nothing happens this week I guess it will be at least another month with no progress. *sigh*

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  21:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi anthony310,

A quick question for you...Moscow CIC office has sent a letter to my Canadain address (where I don't live and in my application, I mentioned that I live with my family in Armenia)recently. I don't know why they sent it there and also the content of the letter yet.

Did you receive any such letter from Moscow office at your Canadian address? If yes, what was the content?

Except that, no other news from them yet! Any progress on your wife's application...
Thanks!

anthony310

Toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  11:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey FRX!

I received a letter to my Canadian address as well. The content was basically to confirm that Moscow received the application and started processing.

My wife got a visa right after the holidays in Russia were over. We've received the passport request right before the new year by email (no interview). We've already bought a ticket and she is arriving in Canada in three weeks :)

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WoW! That's incredibly fast for Moscow office! I guess if someone's e-Cas shows "Medical results received" and the person not notified about interview then it can be safely said that Interview is waived. What e-Cas is saying?

Our's is still showing "in process", no address or medical info yet, I think we are going slower than you.

Good show, buddy!

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  11:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our e-Cas just got updated with the message:

Medical Results have been received
What is next?

anthony310

Toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  16:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check your e-mail and get ready for either a passport request or an interview appointment soon! You are almost there (hopefully it's the former)

FRX

WPG
27 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  11:16:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's hope it's a request for passport. Interview will be quite an expenditure, we 3 have to fly to Moscow from Yerevan. I don't know whether they can organise an interview here in Armenia.

In the meantime, I have provided some more docs which they asked for by email.
Hope you are re-united with your wife by now!

Reply to Topic
Jump To:

SF2000