Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Health | Getting Health Care (OHIP)
How do I renew an expired OHIP card for a toddler?
 Reply to Topic
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

Noah08

Cornwall
1 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  16:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son's health card expired and I never received the renewal form, also misplaced his birth certificate do to numerous moves. How do I go about renewing his card?

Do I have to get a replacement birth certificate first?

Thank you

Ontario
11771 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  10:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and questions with us.

We have recieved a response from one of our researchers.

You may wish to read our Settlement.Org What if my Ontario birth certificate is lost or stolen? article.

You do not necessarily have to replace your child’s birth certificate before you attempt to renew their health card. First, you can access a copy of the children’s health card renewal form online. On this form, there will be an area for you, as the guardian, to authorize ServiceOntario to obtain your child’s birth registration number (located on the birth certificate) from the Ontario Registrar General if you are unable to provide this number yourself.

Though you can renew your child’s OHIP card without their birth certificate, it is advisable that you obtain a replacement birth certificate as soon as possible. For information on how to obtain a replacement birth certificate, please visit the Service Ontario website.

You can also call ServiceOntario’s INFOline at 1-866-532-3161 for more information on obtaining or renewing OHIP cards and/or birth certificates.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

=====
Theresa
Settlement.Org Team

Reply to Topic
Jump To:

SF2000