Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Permanent Resident Card
Name Change on PR Card
 Reply to Topic
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

khihunk88

Riyadh
17 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  23:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Members,

I would like to change my son's name on his PR card, as it is too long. Can you pleae advise what is the process like ? Do I have to get a new passport first before changeing his name on the PR card. Will he be issued a new PR card before its expiry date, if name change is possible.

Thanking all in advance .

Rgds/SR

PMM

Vancouver
2314 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

quote:

Hello Members,

I would like to change my son's name on his PR card, as it is too long. Can you pleae advise what is the process like ? Do I have to get a new passport first before changeing his name on the PR card. Will he be issued a new PR card before its expiry date, if name change is possible.

Rgds/SR

1. First you have to change his name legally in the province where you reside.
2. Once you have that you can apply for a new passport with the new name and then apply for a new PR card with the new legal name.

PMM

khihunk88

Riyadh
17 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  22:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and clarifications. Have a nice day. The proceducre is now crystal clear. Thanks again !

Kind Regards,
SR

quote:

Hi

quote:

Hello Members,

Rgds/SR

1. First you have to change his name legally in the province where you reside.
2. Once you have that you can apply for a new passport with the new name and then apply for a new PR card with the new legal name.

PMM

orakzai

Mississauga
4 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  11:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a landed immigrant. I have a problem with my Last Name.

In my country of origin i.e Pakistan there are no established naming conventions and frankly speaking we did not cared much about this First Name, Last Name stuff.

Till few years back we had those hand written passports and I had one bearing my Two parts name i.e. no Last Name and with provision for father name. But in 2007 Government introduced those bio-metric passports and hence introduced for the first time the Given and Surname conventions.

While making mine, in Surname place passport authorities put first part of my father name over there: I did not notice and carried on, went through immigration came to Canada. But my almost all certificates and degrees bear my Last name which is name of our tribe.

Now here in Canada those certificates are not accepted as those are having different Last name then one on my PR Card.

So my question is : Is it possible to get my Last name changed in my PR card? I have come to know from discussions here that it will not be changed in the Landing Papers that is ok but what about in PR Card?

Reply from anyone would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Reply to Topic
Jump To:

SF2000