Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Sponsoring Family
Sponsoring Spouse - File transfer to Scarborough
 Topic Locked
Next Page
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic
Page: of 2

canadapatriot

Toronto
28 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  13:35:33  Show Profile
Hi:

I have sponsored my spouse within canada and we had applied in Feb 2005.
I just found out recently that our file has been transferred to local office in Scarborough.

Can someone please share with me based on there experience or insider information as to how long it is taking for cases to be finalized in Scarborough office and whether there is a way to expedite these cases.

The CIC Call Center rep told me that it is taking 18 months from date of transfer to process spousal sponsorship case.

Can someone please share there experience about Scarborough office in regards to spousal Sponsorship cases?

Is it normal for files to be transferred to local office? Which cases are transferred to local offices?

I look forward to someone showing me some ray of hope.

Regards,

CanadaPatriot

wongn

Markham
1195 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  14:21:31  Show Profile
When a spousal sponsorship application is transferred from CPC-V to the local office, it usually means CPC-V could not determine if the marriage is genuine and continuing. In most cases, it is transferred to the local office and an interview is scheduled so that the officer can gather more information from both the applicant and the sponsor so that a determination can be made.

As stated on CIC's website, when a file is sent to the local office, it usually adds time to the overall processing time.

I don't have any experience or information regarding how long it will take the Scarborough office to process your file. Perhaps another member of this forum will be able to help you.

When I spoke to the agents at the CIC call centre, they always tell me that in-Canada spousal cases take 12-18 months to process. And I don't think that includes any delays resulting from the file being transfered to the local office.

Weatherbee

Ontario
125 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  17:10:34  Show Profile
When a spousal sponsorshil is transferred from CPC-V it is for many reasons not to simply determine whether a marriage is genuine and continuing. Many times it is because information on the application such as work history, place of residence and the likes could not be verified in Vegre.

canadapatriot

Toronto
28 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  23:57:43  Show Profile
When can I start tracking progress for our application using E-CAS online system. I tried recently after the file was transferred and it didn't show anything online.

1. When will I be able keep track of application online?

2. When do I get an acknowledgement regarding my application by mail?

fruitopias

toronto
5 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  08:41:47  Show Profile
quote:

When can I start tracking progress for our application using E-CAS online system. I tried recently after the file was transferred and it didn't show anything online.

1. When will I be able keep track of application online?

2. When do I get an acknowledgement regarding my application by mail?

hi canadapatriot, when is the exact date your application was transferred on e-client? and when did you submit your application.
Do you know any reason why it was transferred? anything unusual about your case? (common-law/conjugal)?

Weatherbee

Ontario
125 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  08:49:21  Show Profile
Canada Patriot

My situation is simplier to yours. We have not had an update since the file was transferred. We are told that the IO does not update it usually and we have to just wait. If you hear anything differently, will you write about it?

What type of acknowledgement are you after? We have simply received a letter stating the file was transferred.

Continue to call CIC and dont listen to just one agent, call a couple of times in the day.

Weatherbee

Ontario
125 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  08:59:13  Show Profile
It takes 11 months in total from the moment your file was transferred and reopened. In our case it was two weeks after transfer. The delay is 11 months from this date.

It is amazing what conflicts we are getting here. I have rang since June when the file was transferred and every single agent has told us, 11 months.

quote:

When a spousal sponsorship application is transferred from CPC-V to the local office, it usually means CPC-V could not determine if the marriage is genuine and continuing. In most cases, it is transferred to the local office and an interview is scheduled so that the officer can gather more information from both the applicant and the sponsor so that a determination can be made.

As stated on CIC's website, when a file is sent to the local office, it usually adds time to the overall processing time.

I don't have any experience or information regarding how long it will take the Scarborough office to process your file. Perhaps another member of this forum will be able to help you.

When I spoke to the agents at the CIC call centre, they always tell me that in-Canada spousal cases take 12-18 months to process. And I don't think that includes any delays resulting from the file being transfered to the local office.

ficklexcanada

Tsawwassen
15 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  20:33:27  Show Profile
Hi - I was wondering how you knew your application was transferred? WHen did they notify you? I am too applying through in-canada and am being sponsored by my common-law partner.

Thanks!

Alexandra

wongn

Markham
1195 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  00:07:31  Show Profile
Notice of your file being transfered from CPC-V to the local office will show up on your E-CAS status.

To access E-CAS, see the following link:

http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp

Weatherbee

Ontario
125 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  09:28:07  Show Profile
We received a letter (generated) in the post...no eclient update.

canadapatriot

Toronto
28 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  22:58:35  Show Profile
quote:

fruitopias Wrote:
hi canadapatriot, when is the exact date your application was transferred on e-client? and when did you submit your application.
Do you know any reason why it was transferred? anything unusual about your case? (common-law/conjugal)?

I was told my app was transferred in sept 2005 to local office. Just normal procedure. I thinking application getting transfer to local office is a good sign. Many times the main office would ask for additional information which can cause more delay. If an application is transferred to local office it means application is complete and waiting further processing. Incomplete application is returned from CPC-V.

quote:

WeatherBee Wrote:
My situation is simplier to yours. We have not had an update since the file was transferred. We are told that the IO does not update it usually and we have to just wait. If you hear anything differently, will you write about it?
It takes 11 months in total from the moment your file was transferred and reopened. In our case it was two weeks after transfer. The delay is 11 months from this date.

My Case is simple. What is the timeline for your application process? I am still waiting for transfer letter. When did you get transfer letter, after your file was transferred? What was 2 weeks after the transfer?.I was told it is taking 18 months. When were you told 11 months? 11 months for what to get PR card? Is this 11 month for Scarborough office?

Weatherbee

Ontario
125 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  15:18:38  Show Profile
I am sorry for the delay in replying

CP: If your case is simple then you will be fine.

As for your questions:

First all I was told that transferring is normal procedure in many MANY cases. Just because CPC-V AIPs some folks does not mean that they are accepted immediately after that.

Second once an app is transferred to a local office it is never returned back to CPC-V. This information comes to me from a supervisor I spoke to at CIC.

"Many times the main office would ask for additional information which can cause more delay." This is what happened to us. They requested more work related history and by the time it was married to the app it was transferred. CPC-M deals in spousal applications. My file is in this location. I know little about Scarborough, sorry.

My timeline is
Sent: Jan 05
Begin processing: March 05
Request more inform : April 05
transferred: June 10 05

OK: Opened in local office June 22
From June 22 count 11 months

This is what I am told from every agent that I have called since June.

hope I have not confused you

strawberry

toronto
10 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  19:55:30  Show Profile
hello canadapatriot... i just happened to read your post... my file was also transfered to scarborough on october 2006...did you receive anything yet?

koku

Toronto, Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  10:23:20  Show Profile
Hi strawberry,
Our file was trasferred to Scarborough on Mar 2006 and we received AIP on November 2007. Also we didn't have intervew butthry asked for lot of documetns and after sending them to Scarborough we received AIP in 3 days. Good Luck.

strawberry

toronto
10 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  15:52:42  Show Profile
hi koku... thank you for replying...did you receive your pr card yet? have you known of anyone that was denied in scarborough for inland sponsorship?

Teacher

Toronto
14 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  20:21:11  Show Profile
Hi koku and strawberry;

I am also in the same situation, Our application was transferred to Etobicoke local office in July, and they say processing time is 12 months, Still haven't heard anything from them, Why such a long period of time?

Koku, you say you got your appliaction transferred in march 2006 and waited until November 2007, am i correct that you waited that long for them to contact you?
very confused, thanks!

Hoping for the best!

koku

Toronto, Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  14:01:25  Show Profile
Here is my timeline:
Application received: Aug 2005
Application transferred to Scarborough : Mar 2006
Requested for additional documents: Nov 3, 2007
Received AIP: Nov 25, 2007
Redone medicals and waiting for the backgroung check to be done.

I haven't received PR yet.

Teacher

Toronto
14 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  17:27:35  Show Profile
quote:

Here is my timeline:
Application received: Aug 2005
Application transferred to Scarborough : Mar 2006
Requested for additional documents: Nov 3, 2007
Received AIP: Nov 25, 2007
Redone medicals and waiting for the backgroung check to be done.

I haven't received PR yet.

So do you know the reason why this is such a delay?
And sorry what is AIP?

Thanks

Hoping for the best!

Babysi

Toronto
3 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  14:56:49  Show Profile
Hi All,

After reading all of these postings I think that I better sponsor my husband out of country. We were going to file in country but he has gone back to the U.S. to work for a bit. I think that this will be much quicker.

Your thoughts?

Babysi

strawberry

toronto
10 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  19:41:38  Show Profile

HI TEACHER... AIP IS approval in principle... when you get this, your sponsored spouse can now apply for a working permit... and your application for PR is now a little bit on the bright side...;)

Teacher

Toronto
14 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  11:04:09  Show Profile
Thanks Strawberry.But i am not on the bright side at all. With all my qualifications, experinece and english skills i am at home for nearly 2 years in June now and not knowing the reason for this. Actually as i previuosly explained we are waiting 15 months now since we applied Dcemeber 2006!

If you have any thoughts to share, please do so.

Thnak you

Hoping for the best!

Page: of 2  
Next Page

Topic Locked
Jump To:

SF2000