Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Sponsoring Family
Application timeline - Please share
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic
Page: of 14

bhardwajdharmesh

Dubai
6 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  06:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Timeline applying as a spouse from United Arab Emirates. We submitted everything up front as the information said this would be quicker (ie all fees, medical already done etc)

Nov 2006 Mississauga received application

Jan 2007 Wife approved as sponsor

1 Feb 2007 Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy receive my application from Mississauga

17 May 2007 Permanent Visa issued.

When I received the information that Abu Dhabi received my application on 1 Feb they said that the standard processing time was 9 months so I have been fortunate that this was completed in less than 4 months. I am British and am leaving the UAE at the end of June so if my visa hadn't been ready by this time there could have been complications. The Visa Office in Abu Dhabi were very helpful replying to my email/fax and said they were doing their best but were awaiting my medical results to come from London UK as that is where they had to be sent.

For information to anyone else applying from the UAE only sponsored members are processed in Abu Dhabi - skilled workers are processed in London UK so will be a different time line.

Good luck to all of you who are still awaiting your visas and thank you for providing such a great site full of good information and helpful advice.

Graham

Hi Graham,

I have very similar time line.

Oct 2006 Mississauga received application

Nov 2007 Wife approved as sponsor

Jan 2007 Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy receive my application from Mississauga

27 March 2007 Permanent Visa issued.

And I am flying to Toronto on June 5th. I guess Abu Dhabi is a very efficient visa office. Or we have been lucky

100NU

MrsKeywees

Mississauga
22 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  10:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all - my final message!

Canada Inland spouse sponsorship.

File Received - August 2006

Application being Processed - November 2006

AIP Received - May 2007

Interview/Landed - June 2007 (at CIC Mississauga)

- just a reminder - make SURE you take ORIGINAL documents with you to the interview. I watched as people were sent away after sitting for an hour or so simply because they brought photocopies of their passports etc!

- another thing it DID not state on my letter was that my sponsor had to attend. He was sitting outside after getting bored waiting so I had to rush out and drag him back in :)

Good luck everyone.

scookie1

Toronto
2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  22:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time line for sponsoring spouse from outside Canada: - Colombo

Application submitted: December, 2006.
processing application on January, 2007.
approval of sponsorship January, 2007

Started processing application : January 2007
PR approved and visa granted: April 2007

No questions asked, no delays and no interview. Everything went smoothly :-) Lots of evidence were submitted and all the documents asked for were included in application.

troy123

Etobicoke
5 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  02:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everybody.
can any body know about security clearance.i did my sponsorship interview in Etobicoke.after one month the send me latter.
they need my back home police clearance.
Police clearance.
in USA.
one security clearance.
how long the take security clearance in Canada.if any body know plaza let me know
thank you

aznblitz

toronto
7 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey just posting up my timeline...so far...my wife finally has recieved her ppr and is in the process of sending it in...so i can say that its almost done..

I am sponsoring my wife in Vietnam through the singapore visa office

We received your application to sponsor on March 9, 2007.
We started processing your application on March 30, 2007
We sent you a letter on March 30, 2007 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence
We started processing xxxxxxxxxx application on April 12, 2007.
May 15,2007 requested letter for additional documentation...(had to resend police certificate because it wasnt the right form)
Recieved letter June 03/2007 (mail delievery is slow where she lives) she sent in the letter mid june
July 11/2007 Recieved PPR letter dated June 27.

Anybody know how long after she submits her passport will she recieve it back with her visa in it??

thanks

shammi

NewYork
45 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bhia,
Any upto date on your spouse visa from Bangladesh. Did she get her immigrant visa? Hope so, then please share your timeline it will help us to understand what's going on my application.
Thanks.

quote:

Hello new friends!

Good to see this site. I just sponsored my wife, who is in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Application reached CPC-Mississauga on April 18/ 2007.

1. Does anyone know when can I expect the Acknowledge letter from CPC?

2. How soon can I check/use the e-CAS online status service on CIC's website?

3. How long does it take for Bangladesh cases?
(it will be processed via Singapore office)

Hope to hear your replies - Thanks!

mileinniw

toronto
15 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  13:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timeline for PR inland application for Spouse (husband is PR and I'm being sponsored)
===============================================================
We received your application for permanent residence on December 12, 2006.

We started processing your application on January 25, 2007.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on July 10, 2007. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on July 20, 2007 to XXXX about approval in principle for you to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.

We sent you a letter on July 20, 2007 to XXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have received my Work permit on the same day as I received the letter.

In the letter it was mentioned that an appointment will be scheduled in Scarborough. I suppose we will have to wait for another letter to say what to do next? Anyone has any idea what will follow?

l_chan

Toronto
3 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  11:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

The information posted by everyone is both encouraging and depressing! I sent a sponsorship application for my common law on Apr.2/07 and haven't received confirmation that the CIC centre even got it so don't know how long it will take. Any advice or feedback would be great!

LChan

l_chan

Toronto
3 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  12:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I applied for sponsorship in APril 2007 and don't even know if the CIC centre received it - any advice on how to find this out would be great!

Lilly

LChan

saira

Scarborough
51 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  03:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spouse sponsorship from Havana.

April 10th, 2007 Application received in Mississauga.
April 20th sponsorship approved.
May 16th starting application processing in Havana.
June 16th request some information.
August 8th, 2007 visa granted.

Not MOC interview, not security interview.......everything when smoothly.

l_chan

Toronto
3 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  20:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI!

I applied to sponsor my common law spouse (in Canada) last April and haven't received confirmation that they got the application - is this normal? ANy help in this would be appreciated! ALso, on the CIC website it stated that there is no guarantee that applicants can re-enter Canada once they leave - is this definite?? My common law partner is considering going back to the UK to work til the sponsorship is sorted.

LChan

mcende

Laval
1 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  11:43:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

HI!

I applied to sponsor my common law spouse (in Canada) last April and haven't received confirmation that they got the application - is this normal? ANy help in this would be appreciated! ALso, on the CIC website it stated that there is no guarantee that applicants can re-enter Canada once they leave - is this definite?? My common law partner is considering going back to the UK to work til the sponsorship is sorted.

LChan

Hi LChan
Yes i believe this is "normal". My In-Cnada application is still "In Process" and my time line is as follows

- We received your application for permanent residence on October, 2006.
- We started processing your application on December, 2006.
- We sent you medical instructions on June, 2007
- We sent you AIP on June, 2007
- We received the requested information on July, 2007.

However the on-line application status did not get updated until June 2007 in my case. Which means for the first 9 months I had no communication from CPC-V. Be patient[:(].

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I guess it will be start anytime. sometime it will take 3 to 6 months so you don't worry it is the normal procedure.

quote:

I sent application for sponsorship of my wife (who is in Pakistan) to mississauga office on 04 March 2007. They received my application on 06 March 2007. They started processing application on 26 March and they sent my application to Islamabad, Pakistan. I checked ecas but still permanent residence application processing not started.

Does anyone has any idea about Islamabad processing time of permanent residence of spouse?

Parveen

enjoy_sarma

Ottawa
3 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  22:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

this is my time line!
Documentation sent in Vegreville, my wife is sponsoring me in Canada, we live in Ottawa.

- We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2007.
- We started processing your application on February 8, 2007.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you a letter on August 16, 2007 to XXX about approval in principle for you to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- We sent you a letter on August 16, 2007 to XXX about the decision on your application.

I got the letter today (August 22nd) from CiC Ottawa, saying:
- Subject: Permanent Resident Interview, date of interview 04 September 2007.
- The Letter contains Appendix B Photo Specification for PRC (on separate sheet of paper) .

I am supposed to bring 2 photos with me, my spouse is supposed to go with me too.

Nowhere in the letter says if i am approved or not !
Should i call CIC to ask if i am approved ? Are they going to tell me that on the phone ?!?
Any idea if i am approved or not ?

Thanks in advance.

Love can't be denied !

yylover

Toronto
75 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  21:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my finalized timeline for In-Land Application
=====================================================
- We received your application for permanent residence on January 12, 2007.
- We started processing your application on February 12, 2007.
- We received the requested information on April 30, 2007. Thank you for providing the information.
- We sent you a letter on July 30, 2007 to XXX, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about approval in principle for you to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
- We sent you a letter on July 30, 2007 to XXX, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Landed through Etobicoke office on Oct. 4, 2007.

Thank you.

yylover

Toronto
75 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  21:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi guys,

this is my time line!
Documentation sent in Vegreville, my wife is sponsoring me in Canada, we live in Ottawa.

- We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2007.
- We started processing your application on February 8, 2007.
- We sent you a letter on August 16, 2007 to XXX about approval in principle for you to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- We sent you a letter on August 16, 2007 to XXX about the decision on your application.

I got the letter today (August 22nd) from CiC Ottawa, saying:
- Subject: Permanent Resident Interview, date of interview 04 September 2007.
- The Letter contains Appendix B Photo Specification for PRC (on separate sheet of paper) .

I am supposed to bring 2 photos with me, my spouse is supposed to go with me too.

Nowhere in the letter says if i am approved or not !
Should i call CIC to ask if i am approved ? Are they going to tell me that on the phone ?!?
Any idea if i am approved or not ?

Thanks in advance.

Love can't be denied !

I think you are landing. Is it a green letter you received?

mikey81

bahrain
7 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  03:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
started process in june 2005
principle approval jan 06
selcetion of quebec feb 06
1st interview with my sponser may 06
2nd interview july 2006
letter to do the medical may 07
letter to pay authorization to come to canada with the deportation fee may 07
letter to pay the ROLF sep 1st

Can some one advise me if there is any more procedures,
thank you

mahmoud

mahmoud......

mahmoud......

gurminder

Beutifull British columbia
88 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  03:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,
here is my timeline.

Application sent 10 april 2007, pr of my wife from india
application recieved ..13 april 2007, missisauga

sponsorship approved 14 may 2007, file sent newdelhi visa office for further processing.

My wife got letter from new delhi office 28 may 2007 file
sent to cic vancouver for investigation of sponsor.Being
my second marriage why investigation on me only ,my sponsor
is living comfortably with boy freind after deserting and laying false charges on me at Montreal.Tried at court of law ,got not guilty verdict by honourable judge.how far i have to go for proving innocence.i have survived after
facing harsh days without any person and goverment support.

Got letter from missisauga 15 june 2007: file transferred to cic vancouver ,officials may contact you in future.

Sent fax letters and gone personaly to cic vancouver on aug 24/07 ,man at reception counter told to wait for one month more for update ,no reply from office till date.

Checked with local MP honourable MR Mark warawa,Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Environment (the Hon. Rona Ambrose) in sept for file update,got back email
from his assistant ,local office can take upto year.

One year wait ... Are they going to moon ?
How sad and depressing is living far from our near ones
i think cic don't feels.ever ready to answer any questions
to cic,left our home country ,parents , freinds not for
this treatment in canada.

Gurminder Singh
[:(]

tranquil.meadows

Mumbai
13 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  17:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Guys,

I got it!!! I got my immigrant visa. Here is my timeline for those who'd like to seek comfort from it -

PPLICATION - Permanent Residency application from Missisagua for Indian Citizen

October 25 2006 - CIC received application

November 23 2006 - Received Sponsor Approval letter. Application forwarded to New Delhi High Commision by CIC

December 5 2006 - Application processing started in Delhi on December 5

December 16 - Received post from Canadian High Commision in Delhi requesting passport

January 4 - Canadian High Commission received passport

January 18 - Canadian High Commission sent letter with CPR and passport with visa.

I'm going to join my husband soon, and I'll get to get back to work...the 2 aspects of life that I missed the most! Thanks for everyone who answered my queries on this forum. You've been of great help!!

Just wanted to thank you for your information, gives me lots of hope for a quick processing!

thefairy

lima
7 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  13:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- PR sponsorship Outiside Canada. Family Class- Conjugal parners

Application Received at Mississagua October 17th 2008.
Sponsorship Approved the same day October 17th 2008.
File started being processed by Visa Office at November 27th 2008.
Visa Received March the 2nd 2009 (my daugthers bday!)

The visa office did not request additional documentation or required an interview. I was not asked to submit my passport as the office had my passport already because I was also applying for a TRV at the moment my PR was approved ... and i didnt know! great timing!

:)

Page: of 14  
Previous Page | Next Page

Reply to Topic
Jump To:

SF2000