Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Permanent Resident Card
Name Change on PR card
 Topic Locked
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

Iman

Toronto
1 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  00:32:19  Show Profile
I am a permanent resident in Canada which I got my PR in March 2005 . I just changed my name as a legal name change, I was wondering how can change my name on my PR please ?

sandra99

brampton
2 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:56:08  Show Profile
i have a similiar problem by the mistakes of my parents my passport and other certificates shows different birth dates.i followed the passport for pr card, now i want to get certified. pr card change is not possible ,now pr and certificates are different. what should i do

PMM

Vancouver
2334 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  15:42:26  Show Profile
Hi

quote:

i have a similiar problem by the mistakes of my parents my passport and other certificates shows different birth dates.i followed the passport for pr card, now i want to get certified. pr card change is not possible ,now pr and certificates are different. what should i do

Read the application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF it explains how to amend the name of your PR card or if there is an error on it.

PMM

sandra99

brampton
2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  09:46:44  Show Profile
i will once egain explain,my educational certificates and passport were different. i followed the passport to get the pr card.later when i went back home icorrected the passport to the same as educational document by getting a court order.then i returned back here and applied with the passport to change my pr .but they say its a historic document they cannot change that is the problem,back home documents are now ok but pr different. this is the problem.please help

waynechae

Toronto
1 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  18:46:43  Show Profile

I am a permanent rsident in Canada which I got my PR in March 2005 . I just changed my name as a legal name change, I was wondering how can change my name on my PR please ?

eunhee

Topic Locked
Jump To:

SF2000