Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Permanent Resident Card
Status of PR Card application
 Topic Locked
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

ashley

toronto
55 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  08:21:21  Show Profile
I applied for pr card alongwith a friend on 22 aug-03. We mailed the application at same time from same post office and we are both out of schedule for pr card.

Yesterday we checked the status of application from cic site and found out that pr card for my friend has been approved and site gave all the details regarding when application was received and when was it processed etc. But in my case cic site says that they are unable to identify me and have no information for my application for pr card, what could be the probable cause? Is it possible that they might have misplaced my application, pls let me know the way to find out what is the status of my application and whether they have received my application or not.( i am abroad at the moment)

Dilip

East Windsor
29 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  17:32:48  Show Profile
I would recommend you try to search based on receipt no(IMM 5401)..this is actually the PR card fees receipt doc from bank
I also first tried to check status via my IMM1000 number and receiving similar kind of error messages.Yesterday I checked with IMM 5401 number and I got my status immidiately
As a matter of fact CIC received my PR card application on 21st Aug 2003 and they processes my case on 29th Sept and approved it on the same day.
Now I am waiting for CIC call letter for PR card pick up
Hope this info will help you
Thanks

Dilip

ashley

toronto
55 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  10:01:14  Show Profile
I have tried both landing record no as well as bank receipt fee no and the result is same ,is there any other way to check. Pls let me know.

Dilip

East Windsor
29 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  12:38:49  Show Profile
I sent via Canada post(Registered with tracking facilities)
Not sure how you sent those PR application document.Otherwise you could check up whether CIC received your doc or not
This could be problem with updating your data in CIC database system...so you might be fine!!Anyway you discuss this issue with CIC guys over that magic 1-800 number(You can't call from outside Canada!)

Dilip

Riyadh
8 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  06:50:38  Show Profile
Kindly provide me the name of the website from where I can find the status of my prc application.

asad

Ontario
11811 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  09:42:02  Show Profile
quote:
Kindly provide me the name of the website from where I can find the status of my prc application.
e-Client Application Status:

http://services1.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp?language=english&page=ECAS.jsp

Find out more about checking the status of your application here:

How can I check the status of my immigration application?

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000576

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

=====
Marco
Content Coordinator
Settlement.Org

ashley

toronto
55 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  13:10:12  Show Profile
I mailed my application just by ordinary mail and i think there is no way of tracking and today again i tried the website but same result. How long you got error messages before your status was confirmed on line by bank receipt. Let me know

Ontario
11811 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  21:14:26  Show Profile
quote:
I mailed my application just by ordinary mail and i think there is no way of tracking and today again i tried the website but same result. How long you got error messages before your status was confirmed on line by bank receipt. Let me know
You can also try calling the PR Card Call Centre directly to see if they can find any information for you - 1-800-255-4541.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

=====
Marco
Content Coordinator
Settlement.Org

Riyadh
8 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  05:05:07  Show Profile
One of my friend checked the status of his application for PRC and found the following:

Error!
This form is incomplete. Please provide the necessary information below, then send your request again.

1. Record of landing #(IMM 1000) should be in this format: W123456789.

Will you let us know what does it means.

Thanks for your sincere efforts to update us.

Assad

asad

ashley

toronto
55 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  08:59:54  Show Profile
aty present i am abroad so is there any no that is accessable from outside of canada

Dilip

East Windsor
29 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:53:44  Show Profile
quote:
aty present i am abroad so is there any no that is accessable from outside of canada

You can try with these local numbers if you are outside Canada
Montreal
Agents are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (514) 496-1010
Toronto
Agents are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (416) 973-4444
Vancouver
Agents are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (604) 666-2171
Thanks

Dilip

Ontario
11811 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:07:15  Show Profile
quote:
You can try with these local numbers if you are outside Canada
These are numbers for the regular CIC Call Centre. It is possible that they will not be able to answer questions about PR Card application status.

=====
Marco
Content Coordinator
Settlement.Org

ashley

toronto
55 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  16:53:54  Show Profile
i have received a letter from cic to pick my pr card but the site is still not giving any information , i think this should be brought to the notice of cic official either they should run there site properly or just close it

Dilip

East Windsor
29 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  14:20:58  Show Profile
quote:

i have received a letter from cic to pick my pr card but the site is still not giving any information , i think this should be brought to the notice of cic official either they should run there site properly or just close it

Hi Ashley,
Q1:When is your actual pick up date mentined in the CIC call letter?
Q2:Can you pick up anyday after that...something mentioned in the letter?I heard that in CIC,Toronto office if you miss your first pick up date you can pick up on any Saturday.So wanted to check with you.
Q3: Did you receive any yellow color slip with your CIC call letter?One of friend was telling that he received a yellow slip where other days/time mentioned if you miss your actual pick up date
Q4:Did CIC mentioned about bringing a secondary photo ID issued by a canadian province?
Will appreciate your feedback

Dilip

Riyadh
8 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  02:34:44  Show Profile
Do you think the CIC will issue the cards to all those who applied before 30th September 2003.

Currently How much time cic taking for issuing cards after taking decision.

Thanks for your helpful updates.

Assad

asad

Ben

Paris
7 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  06:14:24  Show Profile
Dear Marco,

I have a similar problem i.e. e-client does not accept my info which used to accept. I called CIC Call Center twice and talked to two different agents and they both asked me to send an e-mail to the Webmaster. I tried to explain them that this is not the job of the Webmaster but no way to convince them. I did not believe their answer but still sent an e-mail to the Webmaster. As expected, no reply is received till now.
My question is: Where shall we report the e-client problems. Surely, the Webmaster does not decide about the content of the database. If our info is not fed to the database then how the Webmaster can help us?
Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

quote:

ashley

toronto
55 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  12:41:06  Show Profile
quote:
i have received a letter from cic to pick my pr card but the site is Q1:When is your actual pick up date mentined in the CIC call letter?
Q2:Can you pick up anyday after that...something mentioned in the letter?I heard that in CIC,Toronto office if you miss your first pick up date you can pick up on any Saturday.So wanted to check with you.
Q3: Did you receive any yellow color slip with your CIC call letter?One of friend was telling that he received a yellow slip where other days/time mentioned if you miss your actual pick up date
Q4:Did CIC mentioned about bringing a secondary photo ID issued by a canadian province?
Will appreciate your feedback
my pick up date is 12th nov and the letter says that if i miss the appointment i can collect anytime after that but i have'nt received any yellow slip and yes secondary photo id is mentioned in the letter

Dilip

Ontario
11811 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:59:55  Show Profile
quote:
My question is: Where shall we report the e-client problems. Surely, the Webmaster does not decide about the content of the database. If our info is not fed to the database then how the Webmaster can help us?
Unfortunately, this appears to be a more common issue than it should be. There is not much I can suggest other than to email the CIC web master each time you have a problem. If it is a technical problem, they need to know about it and can perhaps do something about it.

When and if you call the CIC Call Centre, ask them about your specific status, not about the e-client application web site and they may be able to check on your status using their own internal resources.

Sorry we cannot be more helpful.

=====
Marco
Content Coordinator
Settlement.Org

Topic Locked
Jump To:

SF2000