Where can I learn French?
There are public and private schools that teach French as a Second Language (FSL). Usually, you have to pay for these classes.
You can find information about French language classes at:
- French cultural organizations, such as Des Alliances Françaises du Canada
- Public libraries
- Settlement agencies
- School boards
- Universities and colleges
You can also find language training options in your area using this search tool:[Your browser does not support frames or is currently configured not to display frames. For an accessible HTML version, visit Ontario Immigration.
Private schools or institutes might also have FSL classes. You can search for "Schools - Language" in the Yellow Pages to find some of these schools and institutes.
You have to pay a fee for most FSL classes in Ontario. The fee might be low or very high, depending on where you choose to take classes. Generally, courses offered by local school boards are low-cost.
Community agencies can help you find French classes. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me.
For More Information
- FSL Search Tool - Use this tool to look for an FSL class in some cities in Ontario.
- Local School Boards - A list of local school boards in Ontario. Produced by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Canadian Network of the Alliances Françaises - Part of a worldwide network of non-profit organizations that promote French language and culture. In Ontario, the Alliance Française offers French-language training and cultural events in Ottawa-Hull and Toronto.
- Office of Francophone Affairs - The Ontario Government's main source of expertise on francophone affairs and French language services.
- Can I take the LINC program in French? - An article with information about the free LINC program in French.
- What different kinds of ESL programs are available?
- What is the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program?
- Where can I take ESL classes?
- How do I enrol in LINC classes?
- Can I take LINC classes at home?
- What are the language requirements for post-secondary education?
- How can I improve my language skills for the workplace?
- What is Enhanced Language Training (ELT)?
- What is Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT)?
- How can I improve my English conversation skills?
- Can I take the LINC program in French?
- Where can I learn languages other than English and French?