How do I apply for a Health Card (OHIP)?
To get a Health Card (OHIP), you have to fill out an application. You also need to collect some documents to submit with your application.
To Apply for a Health Card
- Get an application form online or from your local Service Ontario OHIP Office.
- Fill it out.
- Collect the documents you need.
- Take your application and documents to your local Service Ontario OHIP Office.
Important note: You can apply as soon as you have the documents that you need. However, you will not get a Health Card until you are eligible - after the 3-month waiting period.
Find out more about who is eligible for OHIP.
Many settlement agencies can help you apply for a Health Card. To find a settlement agency in your area, go to Services Near Me.
For More Information
- How to Obtain a New or Replacement Health Card - Information about how to get a new card or replace your existing card. From the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- OHIP Coverage Waiting Period - Information about the 3-month waiting period for Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) coverage. From the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.