What do I do if my SIN is lost or stolen?
Report this to the local Service Canada Centre as soon as possible.
In addition, Service Canada recommends that you:
- Report this to the police.
- Review your bank account and credit cards for any unusual activity.
- Watch your mail for any changes or disruptions.
- Get a credit report to check for unusual activity.
It is important to keep your SIN card safe and to report a missing card right away. If someone finds your card they could use the information to commit fraud against you or someone else.
You will need to apply for a new SIN. Go to your local Service Canada Centre. They will help you apply for a SIN card based on your situation. You can also call Service Canada for more information: 1-800-206-7218.
For More Information
- What should I do if my SIN card has been lost or stolen? - From Service Canada.
- Lost Wallet - Information about what to do when you lose your important identity documents. From Service Canada.
- Protecting Your SIN: A Shared Responsibility - How to protect your SIN from inappropriate use, fraud, and theft.
- Social Insurance Number Fact Sheet - Information about when you need to show your SIN and when you don't. From the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- What is a Social Insurance Number (SIN)? Do I need one?
- Who can get a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
- How do I get a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
- What documents do I need to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
- Who do I need to show my Social Insurance Number (SIN) to?
- What if my Social Insurance Number (SIN) starts with 9?